Intumescent Water Based Fire Protection Steel Coating
Robertson Coatings are fully accredited contractors and specialize in applying Interchar 1120 water based intumescent steel coating. We also provide ISO 9001/2008 certification that ensures you are dealing with a company that meets the highest standards of quality and safety.
Interchar 1120 is a waterborne intumescent coating for fire protection of internal structural steelwork (columns, beams, framework) that has been developed to protect life and assets.
Interchar 1120 is applied via airless spraying (preferred), brushing or rolling directly to the primed I & H section columns and beams and hollow sections to provide fire protection for up to 90 minutes.
Intumescent coatings swell to form a layer of char foam in case of fire or heat (250-300°c). The foam layer protects the substrate from heat transfer for a period of up to 120 minutes FRL (Fire Resistance Level).
The Interchar Advantage
- Provides fire resistance for up to 120 minutes in accordance with AS1530.4 & AS4100
- Lightweight, small layer thicknesses
- Water based system enables parallel work on-site – does not affect other trades
- Easy and fast application
- Dust free, smooth finish is ideal for visible sections – intumescent paints keep the original structure and appearance
- Easy to maintain